Infinite Olive

Our baby is getting soooo big!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

The snuggle


So maybe this is going to just be about her sleep habits for a while...she's sleeping in the crib, and while i'm sad, i'm hoping that she will sleep better (and us, too). Olive is smiling so much and making these great coy looks then snuggles into our chests. Her room is all set up for her now, but I swear I love having her with us more than anything. I think it helps that I'm with her so much of the time. She's doing this great scooting (calling her 'Scooter') on her back, and she's rolled over four times now! It's easiest for her to roll over from her belly to her back if she's fallen over from sitting (all happening on the cushy bed). It's amazing to watch her roll and be somewhere between shocked at herself and proud of herself. Getting ready to start putting away tiny clothes already, which is sad sad sad. It's exciting, though, that with the weather (hopefully) getting better, she's going to be starting to wear those fabulous dresses. I guess around the house with me! I'll get dressed up with her and we'll play pattycake. Everything is fun with her! She's got strong legs and is standing up on my lap holding my hands a lot. She's quite the little dancer too, as when I dance around with her, she just smiles and seems to really love it. I'm getting mixed cds from a bunch of mamas with great songs from "Nature Anthem" by Grandaddy, to "Let the Good Times Roll" by the Cars, to "She's Like a Rainbow" by the Rolling Stones. So many more songs than I could possibly list. I am still singing "Baby's Boat" and "Winken, Blinken and Nod" each night to her, though, as I have since she was in utero. She seems to recognize those songs as super-comfort songs, as they were for me when Grandmommy used to sing them to me to go to sleep. Speaking of sleep...Good night!

No comments: